This article originally appeared and was published on AOL.com
It’s safe to say that in one way or another, everyone’s lives have been affected by Mark Zuckerberg and that little social media network he created called Facebook.
Through Facebook, people from all different parts of the world across every type of imaginable background are able to connect with one another.
Campaigns and causes can reach millions, conversations can be had about important and relevant issues and at its base level, it’s made keeping in touch with people virtually effortless.
It’s safe to say then, that the man behind the website that’s now become a vital part of so many people’s lives, knows what it takes to create a company and a business that’s both innovative, informative and revolutionary.
We rounded up some of Zuckerberg’s best quotes about his business practices and entrepreneurship, and as you could’ve guessed, there’s so much to learn from his approach.
Here are his 15 best quotes about entrepreneurship and business:
1. “In a world that’s changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.”
2. “People don’t care about what you say, they care about what you build.”
3. “You are better off trying something and having it not work and learning from that than not doing anything at all.”
4. “In terms of doing work and in terms of learning and evolving as a person, you just grow more when you get more people’s perspectives.”
5. “People can be really smart or have skills that are directly applicable, but if they don’t really believe in it, then they are not going to really work hard.”
6. “Building a mission and building a business go hand-in-hand.”
7. “We look for people who are passionate about something. In a way, it almost doesn’t matter what you’re passionate about.”
8. “The question I ask myself like almost every day is, ‘Am I doing the most important thing I could be doing?’ … Unless I feel like I’m working on the most important problem that can help with, then I’m not going to feel good about how I’m spending my time.”
9. “Move fast and break things. Unless you are breaking stuff, you are not moving fast enough.”
10. “People think innovation is just having a good idea but a lot of it is just moving quickly and trying a lot of things.”
11. “I think a simple rule of business is, if you do the things that are easier first, then you can actually make a lot of progress.”
12. “The question isn’t, ‘What do we want to know about people?’, It’s, ‘What do people want to tell about themselves?'”
13. “So many businesses get worried about looking like they might make a mistake, they become afraid to take any risk. Companies are set up so that people judge each other on failure.”
14. “I would rather be in the cycle where people are underestimating us. It gives us latitude to go out and make big bets that excite and amaze people.”
15. “My goal was never to just create a company. A lot of people misinterpret that, as if I don’t care about revenue or profit or any of those things. But what not being ‘just’ a company means to me is building something that actually makes a really big change in the world.”
Zuckerberg knows that doing things the traditional way won’t take you far.
His core ideal of wanting to connect people and listen to what they have to say is crucial in creating a brand and company that people believe in and want to engage in.