David Blaine is the greatest magician of our lifetimes. He’s our Harry Houdini if you will. Take a look at some of the craziest things that he has ever done below.
11. He Hitched A Ride On A Snowplow To Get His Pregnant Fiancée To The Hospital During A Blizzard
When Blaine’s pregnant fiancee Alizee Guinochet went into labor there was a huge New York snow storm happening. So Blaine flagged down a a snowplow and it took both of them to the hospital.
10. He’s Been Studied By Scientists To Discover His Dark Magical Secrets
9. Celebrities Have Been Bowled Over By His Magic
8. He Got His First Special By Levitating In Front Of Studio Executives
7. He Trained With Navy SEALS To Get Better At Stunts
Blaine told ABC News, “What was amazing about the Navy SEALs – a lot of their training, although it is physical, is more about the mental and spiritual part.”
6. He Once Killed A Pigeon With His Mind
This sounds like an old wive’s tale but a former classmate of Blaine’s recalls the story:
“We were just sitting around in a classroom one day, and David pointed to a pigeon sitting on a windowsill about 20 feet away. He said, ‘See that bird? I’m going to make its heart stop.’ And a few seconds later, it just fell off the sill, dead.”
5. He’s Been Accused Of Sexual Assault
Back in 2017, Blaine was accused of sexual assault by former model, Natasha Prince. She claimed it happened back in 2004. The investigation is still ongoing and Blaine’s lawyer said, “If, in fact, there is any police investigation, my client will fully cooperate because he has nothing to hide.”
4. He Started Modern Street Magic
3. He Once Held The World Record For Longest Held Breath
Instead of listening to me tell you about it, take a look at this Ted Talk:
2. He’s A Millionaire
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Blaine is worth a massive $12 million. His first TV special was in 1997 so he has been racking in the dough since then.
1. He Almost Became An Actor
He didn’t always want to wow people with magic. Blaine actually went to the Neighborhood Playhouse’s acting school in New York City. He was doing street magic during that time though too.
And if you missed it, here’s his most recent viral trick that he did for Jimmy Fallon and friends!