This article originally appeared and was published on AOL.com
In honor of the author’s birthday, here is a roundup of all the times J.K. Rowling slayed:
1. When she was the first author to become a billionaire.
2. When she created powerful female role models like Hermione and Ginny.
3. The time she donated an about $160M to charity, striking her status from billionaire to millionaire.
4. When she created the children’s charity, Lumos. It provides health care, education and support to disadvantaged children.
It may feel like you’re helping, but volunteering in orphanages does more harm than good. It supports the orphanage business and exposes vulnerable children to strangers who are unqualified to meet their complex needs. #voluntourism #mythbusters https://t.co/dBBG7ahywB pic.twitter.com/PTSXVuDG3h
— Lumos (@lumos) April 27, 2018
5. The time she slammed down Serena Williams’ troll on Twitter. He said the athlete looked like a man and J.K. had the best response.
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) July 11, 2015
6. When she gave a speech at Harvard about the benefits of failure and it was so popular it was turned into a book.
7. Every time she’s kept the Harry Potter legacy alive. She did so by creating Pottermore and tweeting out insights about the world.
8. When she put Westboro Baptist Church in their place after they said they would boycott gay marriage in Ireland.
.@WBCsigns Alas, the sheer awesomeness of such a union in such a place would blow your tiny bigoted minds out of your thick sloping skulls.
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) May 26, 2015
9. All the times she’s reached out to struggling fans.
Those stories saved their author, too. Nothing makes me happier than to think that they went out into the world to do the same for other people. Keep that Patronus powerful ✨ https://t.co/d9ByD4WtCo
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) March 19, 2018
10. Finally, when she was a single mother on welfare and wrote one of the greatest book series of all time.