This article originally appeared and was published on AOL.com
It’s hard to believe that it’s been nearly six and a half years since the world lost Apple innovator and co-founder Steve Jobs.
On February 24, 2018, Jobs would have turned 63 years old.
Jobs, who was often criticized for being outspoken and stubborn, certainly left behind a legacy of revolutionary products and ideas. And let’s be honest, odds are that at least one person reading this article is doing so from their iPhone; there were a reported 75.23M iPhone users worldwide as of the end of 2015.
Jobs clearly believed in a strong work ethic, which was always made apparent in his dedication to the Apple brand. But through his interviews, speeches and recordings, Jobs made it quite clear that behind the genius he portrayed to the world, was a human with a deep and sensitive heart.
Jobs’ words aimed to inspire, as he always spoke with deliverance and intention. We rounded up 10 of his most moving quotes in honor of his birthday and the true person that lived behind the Macbook.
Read them here:
1. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.”
2. “My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.”
3. “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.”
4. “I’m convinced that about half of what separates successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.”
5. “I think if you do something and it turns out pretty good, then you should go do something else wonderful, not dwell on it for too long. Just figure out what’s next.”
6. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you’ve found it.”
7. “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
8. “Sometimes life’s going to hit you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith. I’m convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did.”
9. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something—your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.”
10. “Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.”