This article originally appeared and was published on AOL.com
Target or Tar-jay. However you say it, you know there’s tons of discounts and deals there. Here at the best ways to get the most out of your trip to the red-colored store.
1. Most Target stores follow a schedule for clearances by department.
Monday: electronics, accessories, kids’ clothing, books, baby, stationery
Tuesday: domestics, women’s clothing, pets, market (food items)
Wednesday: men’s clothing, health and beauty, diapers, lawn and garden, furniture
Thursday: housewares, lingerie, shoes, toys, sporting goods, décor and luggage
Friday: auto, cosmetics, hardware, jewelry
2. Shop at Target as close to Sunday as you can because Target releases newspaper ads on Sunday and sales run Sunday through Saturday.
3. If you find a deal, but the item you want it sold out — you can ask for a rain check.
Take a ticket from where the item was to a cashier, who will print you a rain check so you can purchase the item on discount for up to 45 days.
4. The shelves facing walls at the end of the aisles have some of the best deals and markdowns.
5. Double check before throwing out Target receipts, which have high-value coupons at the bottom.
6. Shop elsewhere first! Target guarantees to matches the prices of Walmart, Costco, and Amazon if you bring in an ad of a competitor.
7. Use Target’s mobile coupon app to scan tags in the store to see if there are any available deals.
8. Return purchases by mail for free, just go to the online return center and print out a prepaid return label.
9. Save money and the planet.
Bring in your own reusable bags and Target will save you 5 cents for every reusable bag you bring at checkout. It’s not a lot, but it can add up if you’re a big time Target shopper.
More from AOL.com: