This article originally appeared and was published on AOL.com
You can never be too careful with the foods you eat. These are just some of many common lethal foods that you should think twice before consuming.
Unpasteurized honey has harmful toxins such as grayanotoxin. If consumed it may cause weakness, excessive sweating and vomiting.
Ever heard of toadstools? They may look like edible mushrooms, but if you’re in the wild avoid them at all cost as they are extremely poisonous.
This spice isn’t as sweet as it sounds. Nutmeg is actually a hallucinogenic- 0.3 oz. of nutmeg if consumed, can lead to convulsions and seizures
This nut packs a punch. When served raw, these almonds are loaded with cyanide. In order to treat for toxins the almonds must go through a specialized heat treatment.
A cherry’s flesh is safe to eat, however be careful not to consume the pit which contains hydrogen cyanide which is known to weaken the nervous system. Even chewing slightly on the seed may cause a potential threat
This fish has traces of mercury which is known to harm the brain, heart, kidneys, lungs, and immune system if taken in high volume.
This vegetable may offer plenty of health benefits, but it’s their green leaves you should stay clear of. They contain the poison Glycoalkaloid known to upset your stomach and cause severe cramping.
NOW WATCH: Why Do I Have So Much Earwax? | Everything Explained