Ever since Breaking Bad ended on September 29th, 2013, we’ve been wanting more. Even though we can’t get more episodes we can dive deeper and find some interesting facts you never knew before.
Here’s a bonus one, did you know that Aaron Paul never had any acting classes. When asked about it on a Reddit AMA, he wrote back:
“I always just thought, ‘Hey, pretend like you’re being someone else and that’s all there is to it.'”
13. When characters on the show are smoking meth, they are actually smoking sugar or rock candy but do not inhale. The candy meth is produced by The Candy Lady, a local shop in Albuquerque.
12. Walter was originally written to be 40 years old. AMC felt that 40 was too young for Walter to have a mid-life crisis and requested his age change to 50.
11. As the show progressed, Vince Gilligan noticed he had to stop criticizing Walt about how evil he was becoming in front of Bryan Cranston, because he was hurting the actor’s feelings.
10. RJ Mitte has cerebral palsy in real life. His case is much milder than Walt Junior’s. He had to learn to walk with crutches and slow down his speech to play the part.
9. The pseudonym for Saul Goodman is derived from “it’s all good, man.”
8. Jesse Pinkman was originally slated to be written out by the 9th episode. During the hiatus caused by the writer’s strike, creator Vince Gilligan, impressed by Aaron Paul’s portrayal of Jesse, decided to reinstate the character.
7. Samuel L. Jackson showed up unannounced during filming on the Pollos Hermanos set one day, dressed in his Nick Fury outfit from The Avengers (2012). Both productions were happening on the same studio lot, and Jackson wanted to be an extra during the scene being filmed. The producers denied his request to appear as Nick Fury on the show.
6. Aaron Paul says the word “bitch” 54 times throughout the series.
5. As the series progresses, Walter White starts wearing more and more black or dark-colored clothing. In several season 5 episodes, he wears mostly black or dark grey.
4. The White’s address, 308 Negra Arroyo Lane, is a private residence. The residents have had to deal with fans recreating Walter’s famous pizza throw onto the house’s roof, and conducted media interviews asking to be left alone.
3. It was Vince Gilligan’s decision to finish the show in season 5. He didn’t want to make the mistake many successful shows make by running too long until the quality decreases.
2. Bryan Cranston has a Breaking Bad tattoo on his ring finger.
Check out the tattoo @BryanCranston got on the final day of shooting Breaking Bad ✍️ pic.twitter.com/oQfjUSTl3v
— Radio 1 on BBC Sounds (@BBCR1) April 16, 2018
1. After binge-watching the entire show in a span of two weeks, Anthony Hopkins wrote a glowing fan letter to Bryan Cranston, praising him and his fellow actors for their incredible acting, as well as lauding the rest of the crew, comparing the series to a “great Shakespearian or Greek tragedy”.