Home Interesting People After Trick Or Treating, This Little Boy Ends Up In Hospital, Testing...

After Trick Or Treating, This Little Boy Ends Up In Hospital, Testing Positive For Meth

SHARE
Image via Minot Air Force Base

After her little boy was tested positive for meth, one mother is speaking out to alert other families who trick or treat this year.

Braylen Pence, who is just five-years-old, ingested the drug after trick or treating with his dad. He began to have a seizure and was taken to the hospital.

via GIPHY

SEE ALSO: There’s A Real Life ‘Halloweentown’ You Can Visit

Urine tests revealed that the little boy had meth, or methamphetamine, in his body.

Julia shared with LADBIBLE: “He was disorientated. He didn’t know who he was or where he was. You could tell at the hospital that he was real high from whatever he ingested. He was really wired and kind of aggressive.”

Braylen was only trick or treating for an hour or so when his Dad, Cambray Carwell, returned home with the boy because he started having a seizure.

“When they came inside, my son had a seizure and he couldn’t feel his left arm,” Julia continued.

via GIPHY

“Cambray took him to Galion Hospital and doctors gave him a CT scan and checked his urine. It tested positive for methamphetamine.”

The boy then spent seven hours under observation at the hospital before he was cleared to return home.

Both Julia and Cambray shared how in the past they have both struggled with addiction but are currently sober. They now want to share their experience to help other parents keep their children, safe.

Julia went on to say: “You never expect something like that to happen to your child. I just hope that we can find out where it came from. I will never let my kids go trick or treating again.”



via GIPHY

The cops have since taken the sweets as well as the set of plastic teeth Brayden was wearing for testing.

Julia also shared:

“The candy and the teeth are going to a crime lab. We are waiting for the toxicology report. I want to warn other mothers to be aware of what their kids are being given when they go trick or treating.”

Julia then posted a heartfelt thank you to her friends via Facebook for all their support, saying:

“Thank you for those who have spread the word, your concerns for my son and the positive feedback. I never thought this would happen to my child, but this is real and there are sick people in this world. I’m counting my blessings because it could have been a lot worse or something stronger. My baby sure has been a trooper through this whole thing.”

SEE ALSO: The Cheapest Day Of The Year To Buy Halloween Candy, Revealed

Brian Saterfield, Chief of the Galion Police said:

“This is an oddity. This is not something that happens all the time.”

And hopefully, it never happens again. Well, folks, be sure to keep safe this year and go through your kiddo’s tubs of candy before they dig in. Unfortunately, sometimes the most spooky thing to happen on Halloween is crazy people who want to put drugs in candy for children.

via GIPHY

NOW WATCH: Sweden Actually Turns It’s Garbage Into Energy | Save The World

Advertisement