Home Interesting People After mistaking a half a tin of paint for yogurt, grandfather goes...

After mistaking a half a tin of paint for yogurt, grandfather goes viral

SHARE
Image via Instagram

Bobby is a 90-year-old grandfather who adores one food above the rest: Danon’s vanilla yogurt.

In fact, he loves it so much that his daughter purchases “at least 7 quarts” of the stuff every week, according to granddaughter, Alex Stein.

And while being obsessed with yogurt probably isn’t a health hazard — mistaking paint for yogurt and then ingesting an entire half a can of the stuff probably is.

Granddaughter Alex posted about her grandfather’s mistake via Twitter, posting a photo of her granfather sporting mint green paint around his mouth.

Image via Twitter

“When I say he loves yogurt, he LIVES for yogurt.” Alex shared with MailOnline

As you can imagine, the photo went viral very quickly. And of course, many were worried about the 90-year-old’s health after the whole incident but Alex quickly assured everyone he was in good health, saying:

“Update: his stomach’s completely unfazed”.

She then posted an adorable video of her grandfather’s reaction to finding out that he had gone viral and it is fall-on-the-floor-cry-laughing-worthy.

View this post on Instagram

They don’t call me silly boi bob for nothin folks🤪

A post shared by Bob (@itsbobbybiiiiiitch) on

“My grandpa has always loved entertaining people. He doesn’t care whether people are laughing with him or at him.” Alex continued.

Concerned but mostly amused commenters said:

“Bob you cannot be 90 years young my dude you are way too lit.”

“that’s what a quart of paint will do to ya.”

“TELL US ABOUT THE PAINT CONSUMING EXPERIENCE BOB.”

“This man is a legend.”

“May the remaining years of your life here, be the most loving you’ve ever endured. No one will ever forget you!”

And to many’s surprise, there is a lot more Bobby content out there than we originally anticipated.



View this post on Instagram

Valentines Day’s right around the corner y’all

A post shared by Bob (@itsbobbybiiiiiitch) on

The old timer has his very own Instagram account, complete with quirky antics and more.

His profile describes him as: “Bob (yogurt guy). 90 years young..Single & reDy to mingle. Paul McCartney doppelgänger. Hobbies include talking about Tom Brady, dancing shirtless, and making messes!”

Welp – you had me at dancing shirtless, Bob!

But back to the whole swallowing paint part….

If you’re like me, you are probably wondering how this grandpa survived.

Lucky for you, we did a little research on the subject.

Below we have included a few of the most common paints and how safe they are to ingest (but we do not recommend doing FYI.)

Latex paint

Latex paint can mildly irritate the mouth and if swallowed, it can cause an upset stomach or even vomiting. Although, it should be noted that swallowing latex paint does not poison the body. Dry pieces of latex paint are also not poisonous but they may be a chocking risk.

Image via flickr

Oil-based paint

Oil-based paint can also cause an upset stomach if ingested. But that is not all – if someone does swallow oil-based paint and chokes on it, paint can get into the lungs. Mineral oil in the lungs can lead to difficulty breathing as well as pneumonia. It should be noted however that this is not a common problem with paint as the paint is thick and children rarely swallow much.

Solvent-based paint

If solvent-based paints are swallowed, it can be deadly.

“If someone swallows paint, give a small amount of water or milk to drink. Watch for stomach upset, vomiting, and diarrhea. Swallowed paint may come out in the stool in a day or two;” Poison Control states on their website.

But when in doubt, be sure to give a call to Poison Control at 1-800-222-1222 or use the webPOISONCONTROL® online tool for help.

NOW WATCH: Sweden Actually Turns It’s Garbage Into Energy | Save The World

Advertisement