A startup for sleep solutions in India is currently looking for paid interns who want to just sleep.
Finally, an internship I am excited about!
Wakefit is looking for very sound sleepers who can switch off from work when they put their head down are off to a strong start.
Wakefit is offering offering ₹1 lakh ($1,400) to sleep — which sounds like a fantastic deal to me.
Director and co-founder of Wakefit, Chaitanya Ramalingegowda, said:
“We are looking to recruit the best sleepers in the country who are willing to go to any lengths to make sleep a priority in their lives. The Sleep Internship initiative aims to bring back the focus of sleep health by celebrating and applauding people who obsess about sleeping well.”
The ideal candidate is described as so:
“Those who can thrive in a slow paced environment, [conceptualize] and deliver effective strategies on how to get themselves and their team members to sleep deeper and longer. Demonstrated affinity to [cozy] environments, napping, lazing and lounging will be a bonus.”
But before you get too excited, I should note there are a few qualifications for the role:
• A completed degree in any field. A history of falling asleep during class will be counted as relevant experience.
• We are seeking sleepy self-starters who are motivated enough to stay in bed for at least 8 hours of solid sleep.
• Should be able to fall asleep within 10-20 minutes of hitting the pillow.
• Strong knowledge and a distinctive point of view on sleep products and how they contribute to better sleep.
• Should demonstrate qualities of a team player, when the team is likely to miss their bedtime or likely to indulge in activities that discourage sleep.
• Past Experience in sleeping in any kind of environment – irrespective of noise and brightness levels.
• A focused and disciplined approach to record and [analyze] personal sleeping patterns.
• Demonstrated track record of [prioritizing] sleep over social media.
• Attention to detail and a passion for clean [bed sheets, cozy] blankets and funky pajamas.
It should also be noted that if you are attached to your phone, you may have a disadvantage to getting picked.
Are you ready for the remaining “few” qualifications?
• Ability to adhere to strict guidelines of consumption of caffeinated beverages. We prefer candidates who have a taste for Chamomile.
• Binge watchers and people with nocturnal tendencies will be at a disadvantage.
• A low engagement and low activity on personal social media handles is a bonus.
• An innate ability to be laid back and stress free before bedtime.
• Snoring will be considered a disadvantage to securing this position.
• Lack of interest in content created by major streaming websites.
• Alarm snoozers, abilities to sleep through multiple alarms, etc. are preferred.
• A low screen time will be your biggest asset. The ideal candidate is one who has the ability to blissfully ignore phone notifications at night.
• An active interest in meditative sleep techniques.
• An in depth knowledge on the lyrics and tunes of lullabies. Good singing ability is a plus. Knowledge of vernacular lullabies is preferred, but not mandatory.
Aaaaand that’s all folks! If this (extensive) list sounds like you — click here to apply!