WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IMAGES MAY DISTURB SOME VIEWERS, PROCEED WITH CAUTION
A woman is warning others via Facebook to stop chewing their nails after her friend ended up in the ER with a serious infection from doing the nasty deed.
She revealed how the infection from nail biting was so bad, that her friend was rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery as the infection began traveling up the arm.
The post read:
“A message to nail biters out there STOP!!!”
“Someone I know who prefers to remain nameless who bites their nails ended up having to get rushed to Glasgow Royal Infirmary today for emergency surgery because they had bitten their nails down too far and had got an infection in the finger.”
“This person had been to two chemists and spoken to two separate pharmacists over the past few days who had advised to use magnesium sulphate and keep it covered. It still got worse and when finally went to A&E this morning was told if left much longer it could have been fatal as the infection was [traveling] up the arm hence the emergency surgery!
“So please please stop biting your nails!”